Visit Glenorchy, New Zealand
Glenorchy is dramatically situated at the head of Lake Wakatipu and is completely encircled by the towering peaks of the Southern Alps. You get the impression this remote township is still coming to terms with the recently surfaced road that now links it with Queenstown and the outside world.
Glenorchy serves as the base for the world-famous jet-boat trip ‘Dart River Safari’, which heads deep in to Mount Aspiring National Park, a World Heritage Area, and also has its own small airline offering scenic flights up the dramatic valleys in to Fiordland.
Suggested itineraries featuring Glenorchy
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Glenorchy, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Glenorchy
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Glenorchy
- Queenstown 19 miles away
- Arrowtown 24 miles away
- Milford Sound 26 miles away
- Lake Wanaka 39 miles away
- Te Anau & Manapouri 51 miles away
- Haast & Lake Moeraki 75 miles away
- Doubtful Sound 76 miles away
- Twizel 94 miles away
- South Island 111 miles away
- Mount Cook National Park 115 miles away
- Lake Tekapo 119 miles away
- The Catlins 125 miles away
- Dunedin 126 miles away
- Fox & Franz Josef Glaciers 126 miles away
- The Otago Peninsula 132 miles away
- Stewart & Ulva Islands 148 miles away
- Hokitika 196 miles away
- Arthur's Pass National Park 206 miles away
- Christchurch 230 miles away
- Akaroa & Banks Peninsula 238 miles away
- Punakaiki 241 miles away
- Hanmer Springs 275 miles away
Photos of Glenorchy
Accommodation choices for Glenorchy
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Glenorchy. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Blanket Bay Lodge is a haven of luxury and tranquillity in a sublime setting. Each room, either in the main lodge or one of the two chalets, offers panoramic views of mountains, rivers and the lake.