Enjoy Saint Lucia’s crystalline waters from the deck of a private, crewed catamaran. Travel by boat and you’ll have the luxury of hopping from deserted beach to lively marina at a whim, as well as the opportunity to discover parts of the island that would usually be out of bounds. The 4800 Sail Catamaran has plenty of space to lie back and watch the Caribbean Ocean views pass by.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- 01993 838 275
- Make an enquiry
Sail around Saint Lucia’s coastline and you can appreciate the island’s varied typography, from the long slithers of golden beach to the north to the jungle-backed bays in the south. From the ocean you’ll get the best views of Saint Lucia’s Pitons as you sail past their steep, rocky flanks. Exploring on a private, crewed vessel gives you the ultimate flexibility to travel at your own pace, and design your own itinerary as you go along.
The award-winning 4800 Sail Catamaran makes good use of the space available on a boat of this size. There’s a sitting area at the stern for alfresco dinners, which will be prepared by your on-board cook, which lead through into an air-conditioned saloon. At the bow there’s further seating as well as over-water netting for lazy sea-bound days.
The luxury of sailing means that you can visit parts of the island that would otherwise be inaccessible, and with the local knowledge of your skipper, you can find little-visited spots that you won’t read about in a guidebook. You’re not limited to Saint Lucia’s waters either, in fact, it’s a good starting point to sail along the Windward Islands to St Vincent and the Grenadines.
There are three air-conditioned double cabins, as well as a separate crew cabin. Contemporary in design, they are light and airy, with a skylight and hull window. With storage under the bed and a set of open shelves running alongside the bed, they feel a bit more spacious than regular yacht cabins. Each cabin has an en suite with shower, toilet and wash basin.
- It’s an all-inclusive experience on board, with a cook on hand to freshly prepare your meals, snacks and drinks during your stay
- You’ll be consulted before departure so that the boat can be stocked with your preferred food and drinks, and to make sure that any dietary requirements are catered for
- Separate meals can be provided for children if you wish
- It’s worth stepping ashore to try some of Saint Lucia’s delicacies which include plenty of fresh seafood as well as locally grown yams, coconut and plantains
- There’s a range of dining options from relaxed beach barbecues to refined bistros serving elaborate tasting menus.
You’ll begin in Rodney Bay, on the north coast of Saint Lucia. Each day you’re free to choose where you sail, and how long you wish to spend sailing. Your skipper, an experienced local sailor, can suggest some interesting routes, whether you wish to snorkel offshore reefs, flit between beaches or get out on land to explore.
There are plenty of places to moor up each night: the choice is yours. You might wish to drop anchor in a hidden cove, or at the bright lights of a busy marina. You’re not limited to Saint Lucia and with calm waters and trade winds, you can sail onward through the eastern Caribbean.
Our specialists suggest:
6 nights aboard The Moorings 4800 Sail Catamaran as part of our 14-day "Saint Lucia & the Grenadines by land & sea" itinerary, from £4,625pp.
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Freshwater showers on deck
- Full entertainment system fitted with TV, DVD and CD player and cockpit speakers
- Snorkelling equipment
- Kayaks and stand-up paddleboards
- Fishing equipment