Visit Lake Eyasi, Tanzania
Lake Eyasi is a huge soda lake that surpasses Lake Manyara in size, and the saline border extends and shrinks depending on the amount of rain that has fallen over the year.
Lake Eyasi, Tanzania
Lake Eyasi is a huge soda lake that surpasses Lake Manyara in size, and the saline border extends and shrinks depending on the amount of rain that has fallen over the year. Doum palms are a very distinctive feature and in this fairly harsh environment the shade of the trees is both welcome and cooling. The sunsets here are superb, and the impressive western flank of the Rift Valley looms imperiously in the distance.
Map of Lake Eyasi
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Lake Eyasi
- Ngorongoro Crater 40 miles away
- Northern Tanzania 40 miles away
- Karatu 46 miles away
- Lake Manyara National Park 53 miles away
- Tarangire National Park 70 miles away
- Ol Donyo Lengai 84 miles away
- Serengeti National Park 88 miles away
- Lake Natron 112 miles away
- Arusha 113 miles away
- Longido 128 miles away
- West Kilimanjaro 149 miles away
- Mount Kilimanjaro 162 miles away
- Rubondo Island 237 miles away
- Ruaha National Park 265 miles away
- Mikumi National Park 291 miles away
- Pangani 297 miles away
- Tanzania's Swahili Coast 297 miles away
- Saadani 299 miles away
Accommodation choices for Lake Eyasi
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Lake Eyasi. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Ideas for experiencing Lake Eyasi
Our specialists seek out authentic ways to get to know the places that could feature in your trip. These activities reflect some of the experiences they've most enjoyed while visiting Lake Eyasi, and which use the best local guides.