Visit Punta Islita, Costa Rica
Hotel Punta Islita opened in 1994 in an area where cattle ranching and wood extraction was the basis of the local economy. Prior to this, the area's tropical dry forest had been stripped due to the unsustainable practices that were being undertaken. Since the opening of Punta Islita, the environmental degradation has been reversed.
The hotel sponsors complimentary education, professional training, scholarships, student loans and English programs. Investment in the local communities (9 in total with a population of approximately 1,300 people) has led to a growth of local enterprises ranging from seafood processing plants to furniture workshops and cafés. This has created a positive cycle that spurs further positive economical benefits. Active recycling programs operate very successfully within the grounds of the hotel and employees are educated on this policy, which works very effectively.
Suggested itineraries featuring Punta Islita
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Punta Islita, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Punta Islita
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Punta Islita
- Northern Pacific Coast 27 miles away
- Tamarindo 43 miles away
- Playa Potrero 49 miles away
- Monteverde Cloud Forest 55 miles away
- Tenorio Volcano 63 miles away
- Arenal Volcano 64 miles away
- Esterillos 66 miles away
- San Ramón 66 miles away
- Golfo de Papagayo 67 miles away
- Rincón de la Vieja 68 miles away
- Central Pacific Coast 78 miles away
- El Silencio Lodge 79 miles away
- Caño Negro 83 miles away
- San José & Central Valley 90 miles away
- Manuel Antonio 92 miles away
- Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui 104 miles away
- San Gerardo de Dota 111 miles away
- Dominical 114 miles away
- Turrialba 117 miles away
- Tortuguero & the Caribbean Coast 136 miles away
- Corcovado & Osa Peninsula 142 miles away
- Puerto Viejo de Talamanca 181 miles away
- Manzanillo 188 miles away
Photos of Punta Islita
Accommodation choices for Punta Islita
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Punta Islita. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Situated on the Nicoya Peninsula high above a long-secluded beach on Costa Rica’s Pacific coastline, Hotel Punta Islita is a remote, luxury hillside hideaway with a wealth of activities on offer.