Costa Rica’s Central Pacific Coast is scattered with a diverse range of stunning beaches and protected areas of natural beauty: a fantastic opportunity to experience nature, adventure, and relaxation within easy reach of San José.
Just a four hour drive or a short flight from the capital, the national park of Manuel Antonio is a very important green zone, providing sanctuary for an incredible variety of wildlife. Hundreds of gorgeous butterflies, hummingbirds, scarlet macaws, brightly-beaked toucans and clambering monkeys are just some of the tropical life found here.
Manuel Antonio, with its 1,700 acres of land mass and 135,906 acres of marine reserve, is the smallest of the 20 national parks Costa Rica has put aside for total protection. It is a charming combination of rainforest, beaches and coral reefs.
Even so, it is the country's second most visited conservation area, after the Poas Volcano and whilst Manuel Antonio has some undoubtedly fantastic beaches it is busy and fairly built up so not to everybody's taste.
The entrance fee to Manuel Antonio National Park is US$6 per person.
Suggested itineraries featuring Manuel Antonio
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Manuel Antonio, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Manuel Antonio
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Manuel Antonio
- Central Pacific Coast 15 miles away
- Dominical 22 miles away
- Esterillos 27 miles away
- San Gerardo de Dota 27 miles away
- San José & Central Valley 39 miles away
- Turrialba 48 miles away
- San Ramón 54 miles away
- Corcovado & Osa Peninsula 58 miles away
- El Silencio Lodge 59 miles away
- Northern Pacific Coast 65 miles away
- Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui 75 miles away
- Monteverde Cloud Forest 77 miles away
- Arenal Volcano 84 miles away
- Tortuguero & the Caribbean Coast 85 miles away
- Punta Islita 92 miles away
- Puerto Viejo de Talamanca 97 miles away
- Manzanillo 103 miles away
- Tenorio Volcano 108 miles away
- Caño Negro 114 miles away
- Rincón de la Vieja 129 miles away
- Tamarindo 132 miles away
- Playa Potrero 134 miles away
- Golfo de Papagayo 147 miles away
Photos of Manuel Antonio
Accommodation choices for Manuel Antonio
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Manuel Antonio. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.