Visit Central Pacific Coast, Costa Rica
Costa Rica’s central Pacific coast is scattered with a diverse range of stunning beaches and protected areas of natural beauty: in all a fantastic opportunity to experience nature, adventure, and relaxation within easy reach of San José.
Just a four hour drive or a short flight from the capital, the national parks of Carara and Manuel Antonio are two very important green zones, providing sanctuary for an incredible variety of wildlife.
Hundreds of gorgeous butterflies, hummingbirds, scarlet macaws, brightly-beaked toucans and clambering monkeys are just some of the tropical life found here.
Whilst Manuel Antonio has some undoubtedly fantastic beaches it is busy and fairly built up so if you prefer quieter areas then Esterillos, Bejuco and Palma slightly further south make excellent alternatives: their beaches are just as beautiful.
A few days spent along this wonderful coast are an ideal relaxing break in the middle or at the end of any trip to Costa Rica.
Suggested itineraries featuring Central Pacific Coast
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Central Pacific Coast, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Central Pacific Coast
Places & hotels on the map
Places in and around Central Pacific Coast
- Esterillos Central Pacific Coast
- Manuel Antonio Central Pacific Coast
- San José & Central Valley 35 miles away
- San Gerardo de Dota 36 miles away
- Dominical 36 miles away
- San Ramon 42 miles away
- El Silencio Lodge 50 miles away
- Northern Pacific Coast 51 miles away
- Turrialba 52 miles away
- Monteverde Cloud Forest 64 miles away
- Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui 70 miles away
- Corcovado & Osa Peninsula 71 miles away
- Arenal Volcano 72 miles away
- Punta Islita 78 miles away
- Tortuguero & the Caribbean Coast 86 miles away
- Tenorio Volcano 95 miles away
- Cano Negro 102 miles away
- Puerto Viejo de Talamanca 108 miles away
- Manzanillo 114 miles away
- Rincon de la Vieja 116 miles away
- Tamarindo 117 miles away
- Playa Potrero 119 miles away
- Golfo de Papagayo 133 miles away
Accommodation choices for Central Pacific Coast
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Central Pacific Coast. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
The Alma del Pacifico hotel has 20 beautiful beachfront villas built along the Pacific Coast on Playa Esterillos Este between Jaco Beach and Quepos.
Parador Resort & Spa is a well-appointed, resort-style hotel with a beautiful setting, representing excellent value for money given its facilities and high levels of service.
Located on the main road into Manuel Antonio, the Si Como No offers friendly and relaxed accommodation with excellent facilities, especially for families.
Located just off the main road between Quepos and Manuel Antonio National Park, Makanda By the Sea consists of 12 acres of sanctuary, 350 feet above the ocean.
Arenas del Mar is a small, stylish beach hotel set in an 11 acre private forest reserve close to the Manuel Antonio National Park, and the only hotel in the area with direct beach access.