Visit Central Pacific Coast, Costa Rica
Costa Rica’s Central Pacific Coast is scattered with a diverse range of stunning beaches and protected areas of natural beauty: in all a fantastic opportunity to experience nature, adventure, and relaxation within easy reach of San José.
Just a four hour drive or a short flight from the capital, the national parks of Carara and Manuel Antonio are two very important green zones, providing sanctuary for an incredible variety of wildlife.
Hundreds of gorgeous butterflies, hummingbirds, scarlet macaws, brightly-beaked toucans and clambering monkeys are just some of the tropical life found here.
Whilst Manuel Antonio has some undoubtedly fantastic beaches it is busy and fairly built up so if you prefer quieter areas then Esterillos, Bejuco and Palma slightly further south make excellent alternatives: their beaches are just as beautiful.
A few days spent along this wonderful coast are an ideal relaxing break in the middle or at the end of any trip to Costa Rica.
Suggested itineraries featuring Central Pacific Coast
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Central Pacific Coast, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Central Pacific Coast
Places & hotels on the map
Places in and around Central Pacific Coast
- Esterillos Central Pacific Coast
- Manuel Antonio Central Pacific Coast
- San José & Central Valley 56 kilometers away
- San Gerardo de Dota 58 kilometers away
- Dominical 58 kilometers away
- San Ramón 68 kilometers away
- El Silencio Lodge 81 kilometers away
- Northern Pacific Coast 82 kilometers away
- Turrialba 84 kilometers away
- Monteverde Cloud Forest 103 kilometers away
- Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui 113 kilometers away
- Corcovado & Osa Peninsula 114 kilometers away
- Arenal Volcano 116 kilometers away
- Punta Islita 125 kilometers away
- Tortuguero & the Caribbean Coast 138 kilometers away
- Tenorio Volcano 152 kilometers away
- Caño Negro 164 kilometers away
- Puerto Viejo de Talamanca 173 kilometers away
- Manzanillo 184 kilometers away
- Rincón de la Vieja 186 kilometers away
- Tamarindo 189 kilometers away
- Playa Potrero 191 kilometers away
- Golfo de Papagayo 213 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Central Pacific Coast
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Central Pacific Coast. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
The Alma del Pacifico hotel has 20 beautiful beachfront villas built along the Pacific Coast on Playa Esterillos Este between Jaco Beach and Quepos.
Parador Resort & Spa is a well-appointed, resort-style hotel with a beautiful setting, representing excellent value for money given its facilities and high levels of service.
Arenas del Mar is a small, stylish beach hotel set in an 11 acre private forest reserve close to the Manuel Antonio National Park, and the only hotel in the area with direct beach access.
Located on the main road into Manuel Antonio, the Si Como No offers friendly and relaxed accommodation with excellent facilities, especially for families.
Located just off the main road between Quepos and Manuel Antonio National Park, Makanda By the Sea consists of 12 acres of sanctuary, 350 feet above the ocean.