Visit Tenorio Volcano, Costa Rica
Covered in primary rainforest, and cloud forest, Tenorio National Park is rich in flora and fauna, beautiful rivers, hot springs, lakes and waterfalls.
Tenorio Volcano, Costa Rica
The region around Tenorio National Park is rich in flora and fauna and abundant in beautiful rivers, hot springs, lakes and waterfalls.
The National Park is covered in primary rainforest and cloud-forest and is well known for its two volcanoes, Tenorio and Montezuma. It is probably best known for the waterfall of Rio Celeste. The 65-foot waterfall flows in to a a natural pool that has been colored bright blue by natural sulfur and calcium carbonate.
Map of Tenorio Volcano
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Tenorio Volcano
- Cano Negro 35 kilometers away
- Rincon de la Vieja 39 kilometers away
- Arenal Volcano & the Cloudforest Reserves 42 kilometers away
- Monteverde Cloud Forest 50 kilometers away
- Playa Potrero 87 kilometers away
- Golfo de Papagayo 88 kilometers away
- San Ramon 89 kilometers away
- El Silencio Lodge 94 kilometers away
- Tamarindo 99 kilometers away
- Punta Islita 101 kilometers away
- Northern Pacific Coast 107 kilometers away
- Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui 113 kilometers away
- San José & Central Valley 131 kilometers away
- Esterillos 140 kilometers away
- Central Pacific Coast 152 kilometers away
- Turrialba 169 kilometers away
- Tortuguero & the Caribbean Coast 170 kilometers away
- Manuel Antonio 173 kilometers away
- San Gerardo de Dota 182 kilometers away
- Dominical 203 kilometers away
- Corcovado & Osa Peninsula 264 kilometers away
- Puerto Viejo de Talamanca 272 kilometers away
- Manzanillo 283 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Tenorio Volcano
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Tenorio Volcano. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Ideas for experiencing Tenorio Volcano
Our specialists seek out authentic ways to get to know the places that could feature in your trip. These activities reflect some of the experiences they've most enjoyed while visiting Tenorio Volcano, and which use the best local guides.