Visit Tenorio Volcano, Costa Rica
Tenorio Volcano, Costa Rica
The region around Tenorio National Park is rich in flora and fauna and abundant in beautiful rivers, hot springs, lakes and waterfalls.
The National Park is covered in primary rainforest and cloud-forest and is well known for its two volcanoes, Tenorio and Montezuma. It is probably best known for the waterfall of Rio Celeste. The 65-foot waterfall flows in to a a natural pool that has been colored bright blue by natural sulfur and calcium carbonate.
Suggested itineraries featuring Tenorio Volcano
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Tenorio Volcano, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Tenorio Volcano
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Tenorio Volcano
- Cano Negro 35 kilometers away
- Rincon de la Vieja 39 kilometers away
- Arenal Volcano 42 kilometers away
- Monteverde Cloud Forest 50 kilometers away
- Playa Potrero 87 kilometers away
- Golfo de Papagayo 88 kilometers away
- San Ramon 89 kilometers away
- El Silencio Lodge 94 kilometers away
- Tamarindo 99 kilometers away
- Punta Islita 101 kilometers away
- Northern Pacific Coast 107 kilometers away
- Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui 113 kilometers away
- San José & Central Valley 131 kilometers away
- Esterillos 140 kilometers away
- Central Pacific Coast 152 kilometers away
- Turrialba 169 kilometers away
- Tortuguero & the Caribbean Coast 170 kilometers away
- Manuel Antonio 173 kilometers away
- San Gerardo de Dota 182 kilometers away
- Dominical 203 kilometers away
- Corcovado & Osa Peninsula 264 kilometers away
- Puerto Viejo de Talamanca 272 kilometers away
- Manzanillo 283 kilometers away
Photos of Tenorio Volcano
Accommodation choices for Tenorio Volcano
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Tenorio Volcano. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
This new boutique hotel is located only 5 minutes from the entrance to the Tenorio Volcano National Park between the provinces of Guanacaste and Alajuela.
Tenorio Lodge is beautifully located between the Tenorio and Miravalles Volcanoes. Eight generously-sized bungalows are scattered around immaculately-kept Heliconia gardens, all with views to the Tenorio Volcano.
Ideas for experiencing Tenorio Volcano
Our specialists seek out authentic ways to get to know the places that could feature in your trip. These activities reflect some of the experiences they've most enjoyed while visiting Tenorio Volcano, and which use the best local guides.
This hike on the slopes of the Tenorio Volcano, takes you to some of Costa Rica's most striking sights, such as the Rio Celeste Falls and up to the top of the volcano. You therefore need to be in pretty good shape and enjoy hill walking to get the most out of it.