The Osa Peninsula is one of Costa Rica’s most unique and remote areas - tucked away in the south-west it is much less accessible than other parts of the country, which only adds to its appeal.
Travelers who make the effort are rewarded by beautiful beaches, meandering river-ways, tangled mangroves, swamps and lush, dense rainforest.
Corcovado National Park
The biological diversity in the area is huge, much of it protected since 1975 as the Corcovado National Park. The park is particularly excellent for spotting rare tropical forest mammals, especially margays, ocelots, tapirs and even – on occasion – jaguars. The birdwatching opportunities are fantastic too, with hundreds of different species, most easily found on early morning walks.
Isla del Caño
For snorkeling and scuba-diving Isla del Caño has pristine coral reefs thronged with schools of tropical fish as well as turtles, sharks and rays.
Most of the accommodation on the peninsula is only accessible by boat, which in itself is an experience, zooming along the Pacific coastline to your hotel. Upon arrival it’s easy to feel you are staying on an isolated tropical island, as the lodges are miles apart and often the only sound that will interrupt your thoughts is the screech of macaws or the howl of monkeys.
This is truly a fabulous way to escape and a real highlight of any trip to Costa Rica.
Suggested itineraries featuring Corcovado & Osa Peninsula
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Corcovado & Osa Peninsula, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Corcovado & Osa Peninsula
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Corcovado & Osa Peninsula
- Dominical 66 kilometers away
- Manuel Antonio 92 kilometers away
- San Gerardo de Dota 100 kilometers away
- Central Pacific Coast 114 kilometers away
- Esterillos 129 kilometers away
- Turrialba 137 kilometers away
- San José & Central Valley 146 kilometers away
- Puerto Viejo de Talamanca 152 kilometers away
- Manzanillo 158 kilometers away
- San Ramon 178 kilometers away
- El Silencio Lodge 184 kilometers away
- Northern Pacific Coast 186 kilometers away
- Tortuguero & the Caribbean Coast 196 kilometers away
- Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui 201 kilometers away
- Monteverde Cloud Forest 215 kilometers away
- Arenal Volcano & the Cloudforest Reserves 227 kilometers away
- Punta Islita 227 kilometers away
- Tenorio Volcano 264 kilometers away
- Cano Negro 274 kilometers away
- Tamarindo 295 kilometers away
- Rincon de la Vieja 299 kilometers away
- Playa Potrero 300 kilometers away
- Golfo de Papagayo 324 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Corcovado & Osa Peninsula
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Corcovado & Osa Peninsula. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.