Visit Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
Costa Rica’s Central Pacific coast is scattered with a diverse range of stunning beaches and protected areas of natural beauty: a fantastic opportunity to experience nature, adventure, and relaxation within easy reach of San Jose.
Just a four hour drive or a short flight from the capital, the national park of Manuel Antonio is a very important green zone, providing sanctuary for an incredible variety of wildlife. Hundreds of gorgeous butterflies, hummingbirds, scarlet macaws, brightly-beaked toucans and clambering monkeys are just some of the tropical life found here.
Manuel Antonio, with its 1700 acres of land mass and 135,906 acres of marine reserve, is the smallest of the 20 national parks Costa Rica has put aside for total protection. It is a charming combination of rain forest, beaches and coral reefs.
Even so, it is the country's second most visited conservation area, after the Poas Volcano and whilst Manuel Antonio has some undoubtedly fantastic beaches it is busy and fairly built up so not to everybody's taste.
The entrance fee to Manuel Antonio National Park is US$6 per person.
Suggested itineraries featuring Manuel Antonio
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Manuel Antonio, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Manuel Antonio
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Manuel Antonio
- Central Pacific Coast 24 kilometers away
- Dominical 35 kilometers away
- Esterillos 43 kilometers away
- San Gerardo de Dota 43 kilometers away
- San José & Central Valley 62 kilometers away
- Turrialba 77 kilometers away
- San Ramon 86 kilometers away
- Corcovado & Osa Peninsula 92 kilometers away
- El Silencio Lodge 95 kilometers away
- Northern Pacific Coast 105 kilometers away
- Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui 121 kilometers away
- Monteverde Cloud Forest 123 kilometers away
- Arenal Volcano 135 kilometers away
- Tortuguero & the Caribbean Coast 137 kilometers away
- Punta Islita 148 kilometers away
- Puerto Viejo de Talamanca 156 kilometers away
- Manzanillo 166 kilometers away
- Tenorio Volcano 173 kilometers away
- Cano Negro 183 kilometers away
- Rincon de la Vieja 207 kilometers away
- Tamarindo 212 kilometers away
- Playa Potrero 215 kilometers away
- Golfo de Papagayo 236 kilometers away
Photos of Manuel Antonio
Accommodation choices for Manuel Antonio
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Manuel Antonio. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Parador Resort & Spa is a well-appointed, resort-style hotel with a beautiful setting, representing excellent value for money given its facilities and high levels of service.
Arenas del Mar is a small, stylish beach hotel set in an 11 acre private forest reserve close to the Manuel Antonio National Park, and the only hotel in the area with direct beach access.
Located on the main road into Manuel Antonio, the Si Como No offers friendly and relaxed accommodation with excellent facilities, especially for families.
Located just off the main road between Quepos and Manuel Antonio National Park, Makanda By the Sea consists of 12 acres of sanctuary, 350 feet above the ocean.