Visit San Ramon, Costa Rica
San Ramon, Costa Rica
The quaint city of San Ramon is only an hour's drive from San Jose and is a good place to stop on the way to Arenal or heading down to the Pacific.
It is well known in Costa Rica for its tight-knit, diverse community which has been home to three former presidents. Its main industry is dairy farming, sugar cane and of course coffee plantations.
Rolling hills and pastures give way to pristine tropical cloud forests in the highlands, noted for their variety of epiphytes, mosses and over 225 species of birds.
Few people stay in the town itself but in lodges outside which make for a good base for exploring the central highlands and beautiful mystical dense forests.
Suggested itineraries featuring San Ramon
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in San Ramon, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of San Ramon
Places & hotels on the map
Places near San Ramon
- El Silencio Lodge 24 kilometers away
- Monteverde Cloud Forest 40 kilometers away
- San José & Central Valley 46 kilometers away
- Arenal Volcano 50 kilometers away
- Esterillos 63 kilometers away
- Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui 65 kilometers away
- Central Pacific Coast 68 kilometers away
- Northern Pacific Coast 75 kilometers away
- Manuel Antonio 86 kilometers away
- Turrialba 89 kilometers away
- Tenorio Volcano 89 kilometers away
- San Gerardo de Dota 94 kilometers away
- Cano Negro 97 kilometers away
- Punta Islita 106 kilometers away
- Tortuguero & the Caribbean Coast 114 kilometers away
- Dominical 115 kilometers away
- Rincon de la Vieja 126 kilometers away
- Playa Potrero 149 kilometers away
- Tamarindo 152 kilometers away
- Golfo de Papagayo 164 kilometers away
- Corcovado & Osa Peninsula 178 kilometers away
- Puerto Viejo de Talamanca 194 kilometers away
- Manzanillo 205 kilometers away
Photos of San Ramon
Accommodation choices for San Ramon
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit San Ramon. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Villa Blanca is located across 75 acres of cultivated land surrounded by the beautiful Los Angeles Cloud Forest, an 800 acre private biological reserve belonging to the property.