Visit Tenorio Volcano, Costa Rica
Covered in primary rainforest, and cloud forest, Tenorio National Park is rich in flora and fauna, beautiful rivers, hot springs, lakes and waterfalls.
Tenorio Volcano, Costa Rica
The region around Tenorio National Park is rich in flora and fauna and abundant in beautiful rivers, hot springs, lakes and waterfalls.
The National Park is covered in primary rainforest and cloud-forest and is well known for its two volcanoes, Tenorio and Montezuma. It is probably best known for the waterfall of Rio Celeste. The 65-foot waterfall flows in to a a natural pool that has been coloured bright blue by natural sulphur and calcium carbonate.
Suggested Tenorio Volcano itinerary
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Tenorio Volcano, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Tenorio Volcano
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Tenorio Volcano
- Cano Negro 22 miles away
- Rincon de la Vieja 25 miles away
- Arenal Volcano 26 miles away
- Monteverde Cloud Forest 31 miles away
- Playa Potrero 55 miles away
- Golfo de Papagayo 55 miles away
- San Ramon 56 miles away
- El Silencio Lodge 58 miles away
- Tamarindo 62 miles away
- Punta Islita 63 miles away
- Northern Pacific Coast 67 miles away
- Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui 70 miles away
- San José & Central Valley 82 miles away
- Esterillos 87 miles away
- Central Pacific Coast 95 miles away
- Turrialba 105 miles away
- Tortuguero & the Caribbean Coast 106 miles away
- Manuel Antonio 108 miles away
- San Gerardo de Dota 113 miles away
- Dominical 126 miles away
- Corcovado & Osa Peninsula 165 miles away
- Puerto Viejo de Talamanca 169 miles away
- Manzanillo 176 miles away
Accommodation choices for Tenorio Volcano
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Tenorio Volcano. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Ideas for experiencing Tenorio Volcano
Our specialists seek out authentic ways to get to know the places that could feature in your trip. These activities reflect some of the experiences they've most enjoyed while visiting Tenorio Volcano, and which use the best local guides.