Visit Dominical, Costa Rica
Dominical is a wild and beautiful region situated on the remote south-western Pacific coast of Costa Rica. The area receives far fewer visitors than Manuel Antonio, which is just 40 kilometres north.
Wildlife and landscape
The impressive jungle covered foothills of the Talamanca Mountains are home to a wide variety of birdlife, sloth and monkeys flanked by vast black sand beaches popular with surfers.
Punta Uvita is a jagged reef which has formed just off the coast, creating a sand bar which looks like a giant whale's tail from the air.
The area is well known for its whale and dolphin watching and humpbacks gather in the Marino Ballena National Park from December to March and August to October.
The park also has mangroves teeming with wildlife, rocky islets, coral reefs and pristine dark sand beaches which are important nesting sites for turtles.
Suggested itineraries featuring Dominical
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Dominical, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Dominical
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Dominical
- Manuel Antonio 22 miles away
- San Gerardo de Dota 23 miles away
- Central Pacific Coast 36 miles away
- Corcovado & Osa Peninsula 41 miles away
- Turrialba 47 miles away
- Esterillos 49 miles away
- San José & Central Valley 50 miles away
- San Ramon 71 miles away
- El Silencio Lodge 74 miles away
- Puerto Viejo de Talamanca 81 miles away
- Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui 84 miles away
- Tortuguero & the Caribbean Coast 85 miles away
- Manzanillo 86 miles away
- Northern Pacific Coast 87 miles away
- Monteverde Cloud Forest 96 miles away
- Arenal Volcano 102 miles away
- Punta Islita 114 miles away
- Tenorio Volcano 126 miles away
- Cano Negro 131 miles away
- Rincon de la Vieja 149 miles away
- Tamarindo 153 miles away
- Playa Potrero 155 miles away
- Golfo de Papagayo 168 miles away