Rincón de la Vieja National Park protects a beautiful dry forest landscape in the northwest of Costa Rica.
Named after the active Rincón de la Vieja volcano, the park is still relatively visitor-free and is home to some 200 bird species.
Though it can easily be visited in a day trip from Tamarindo the walking trails, boiling mud pools, thermal springs and horse riding opportunities make it a good place to stay for a night or more.
Map of Rincón de la Vieja
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Rincón de la Vieja
- Tenorio Volcano 25 miles away
- Golfo de Papagayo 34 miles away
- Caño Negro 37 miles away
- Playa Potrero 41 miles away
- Arenal Volcano 50 miles away
- Tamarindo 51 miles away
- Monteverde Cloud Forest 54 miles away
- Punta Islita 68 miles away
- San Ramón 79 miles away
- Northern Pacific Coast 80 miles away
- El Silencio Lodge 82 miles away
- Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui 94 miles away
- San José & Central Valley 106 miles away
- Esterillos 107 miles away
- Central Pacific Coast 116 miles away
- Tortuguero & the Caribbean Coast 129 miles away
- Manuel Antonio 129 miles away
- Turrialba 129 miles away
- San Gerardo de Dota 136 miles away
- Dominical 149 miles away
- Corcovado & Osa Peninsula 186 miles away
- Puerto Viejo de Talamanca 193 miles away
- Manzanillo 200 miles away
Photos of Rincón de la Vieja
Accommodation choices for Rincón de la Vieja
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Rincón de la Vieja. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Secluded in the outskirts of the Rincón de la Vieja Volcano in Guanacaste, Hotel Borinquen Mountain Resort and Spa is the perfect place to combine adventure and relaxation surrounded by a stunning landscape.