Skoura lies astride the route from Ouarzazate to the Sahara and is a town typical of those in the Dades Valley.
The modern town offers little to detain the visitor, but the palm plantations are criss-crossed by paths that run by crumbling pisé walls up to kasbahs in equally ruinous condition.
The whole effect is quite beautiful and if you are going to break your journey anywhere in the Dades Valley, Skoura is as good a place as any.
Suggested itineraries featuring Skoura
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Skoura, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Skoura
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Skoura
- The Southern Oases Valleys 15 miles away
- Ourzazate 24 miles away
- Oued Mellah 35 miles away
- The Dades Valley 40 miles away
- Zagora 67 miles away
- Ourika Valley 68 miles away
- The Atlas Mountains 82 miles away
- Marrakesh 93 miles away
- Taroudant 144 miles away
- The Draa Valley 146 miles away
- The Erg Chebbi 154 miles away
- Casablanca 185 miles away
- Essaouira 193 miles away
- The Sous Massa National Park 194 miles away
- Meknes & Volubilis 204 miles away
- Rabat 206 miles away
- The Anti Atlas 219 miles away
- Fez 227 miles away
- Chefchaouen 293 miles away