The Dades Valley is the principal route between the desert and the ancient trading oases of the Tifilalt.
The High Atlas rear to the northern side of the route, and at Todra there is a dramatic gorge cutting into the mountainside that forms one of Morocco’s greatest natural sights and comes complete with a gentle stream and welcoming auberge and café.
At its eastern end, the valley joins that of the Ziz, where towering palms threaten to spill over canyon lips hundreds of feet above.
Suggested itineraries featuring the Dades Valley
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in the Dades Valley, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of the Dades Valley
Places & hotels on the map
Places near the Dades Valley
- Skoura 40 miles away
- The Southern Oases Valleys 52 miles away
- Ourzazate 64 miles away
- Oued Mellah 70 miles away
- Zagora 73 miles away
- Ourika Valley 101 miles away
- The Atlas Mountains 116 miles away
- Marrakesh 119 miles away
- The Erg Chebbi 121 miles away
- Meknes & Volubilis 176 miles away
- Casablanca 180 miles away
- Taroudant 183 miles away
- The Draa Valley 185 miles away
- Rabat 190 miles away
- Fez 195 miles away
- Essaouira 224 miles away
- The Sous Massa National Park 233 miles away
- The Anti Atlas 258 miles away
- Chefchaouen 266 miles away
- Asilah 283 miles away