Visit Zagora, Morocco
Dating from French Colonial times, when it was set up as an administrative post in the Sahara, the town of Zagora is a great base from which to explore the surrounding palm groves and Kasbahs.
Dating from French Colonial times, when it was set up as an administrative post in the Sahara, the town is a great base from which to explore the surrounding palm groves and Kasbahs.
It is flanked by the mountain Zagora, from which the town got its name, and has its own charm with dusty streets and a large Berber market held twice a week.
Suggested Zagora itinerary
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Zagora, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Zagora
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Zagora
- The Southern Oases Valleys 61 miles away
- Skoura 67 miles away
- The Dades Valley 73 miles away
- Ourzazate 76 miles away
- Oued Mellah 96 miles away
- The Erg Chebbi 125 miles away
- Ourika Valley 126 miles away
- The Atlas Mountains 136 miles away
- Marrakesh 156 miles away
- The Draa Valley 157 miles away
- Taroudant 182 miles away
- The Sous Massa National Park 228 miles away
- The Anti Atlas 234 miles away
- Meknes & Volubilis 247 miles away
- Essaouira 248 miles away
- Casablanca 248 miles away
- Rabat 262 miles away
- Fez 263 miles away