Sitting in an enviable spot at the mouth of an expansive bay of azure waters, Tampa is regularly voted one of America’s most liveable cities.
It grew from a small community in the 19th century into a large bustling metropolis following the arrival of the railway and the emergence of a cigar industry.
Home to an international airport and port, the city has numerous attractions and is a good gateway for visitors exploring the Gulf Coast, especially its two most popular beach resorts of Clearwater and St. Petersburg.
Map of Tampa
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Tampa
- Clearwater 21 miles away
- Anna Maria Island 35 miles away
- Sarasota 43 miles away
- Florida 60 miles away
- Crystal River 67 miles away
- Orlando 78 miles away
- Fort Myers 98 miles away
- Sanibel Island & Captiva Island 106 miles away
- Cape Canaveral 117 miles away
- Naples 132 miles away
- St. Augustine 152 miles away
- Fernandina Beach 198 miles away
- Tallahassee 205 miles away
- Miami 206 miles away
- Jekyll Island 225 miles away
- Islamorada 239 miles away
- Key West 239 miles away
- Panama City Beach 255 miles away
- Savannah 297 miles away
Photos of Tampa
Accommodation choices for Tampa
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Tampa. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.