Located west of Tampa, Clearwater is a great family beach destination with plenty of old-fashioned Florida charm. Sunset is celebrated nightly at Pier 60 where festivities include music, crafts and street performers.
To the north of Clearwater you’ll find Caladesi Island State Park, an unspoilt haven offering over three miles of white sands, fringed by sea oats and palm trees — reached by a short ferry crossing from Honeymoon Island State Park.
The city also hosts the annual Clearwater Jazz Holiday, which takes place in October and has played host to some of the finest musicians including Dizzy Gillespie, Tony Bennett and Stephane Grappelli.
Map of Clearwater
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Clearwater
- Tampa 21 miles away
- Anna Maria Island 33 miles away
- Sarasota 47 miles away
- Crystal River 67 miles away
- Florida 80 miles away
- Orlando 95 miles away
- Fort Myers 108 miles away
- Sanibel Island & Captiva Island 113 miles away
- Cape Canaveral 137 miles away
- Naples 141 miles away
- St. Augustine 161 miles away
- Tallahassee 194 miles away
- Fernandina Beach 204 miles away
- Miami 221 miles away
- Jekyll Island 231 miles away
- Panama City Beach 238 miles away
- Key West 245 miles away
- Islamorada 250 miles away
Photos of Clearwater
Accommodation choices for Clearwater
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Clearwater. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.