Cruise Ships in Antarctica : Greg Mortimer
A state-of-the-art expedition vessel purpose built for polar exploration, the design of the Greg Mortimer improves stability at sea, reduces fuel consumption and avoids anchoring while loading tenders, all of which help protect the fragile polar environment. There are multiple Zodiac loading decks for increased spontaneity and two fold-out hydraulic viewing platforms to get you close to the action.
The Greg Mortimer takes advantage of the latest nautical technologies to ensure the best possible experience in these remote regions. This includes Ulstein’s innovative X-BOW hull design that allows for smoother and faster sailing in rough seas, while reduced resistance means less fuel consumption and a lower environmental impact.
On board, you'll find sleek contemporary design, lots of open, public spaces with large windows offering panoramic views, and a gym and two hot tubs. With 15 Zodiacs and four launch platforms, guests have greater flexibility and speed for unexpected wildlife viewings. Optional adventure activities may include kayaking, diving and snorkeling.
All five cabin types are fairly spacious, with sleek, contemporary design in netural tones and large-scale polar images on the walls. All cabins have exterior views and en-suite facilities, and approximately 80% have private balconies. Large windows offer expansive views, with only the entry-level Aurora Staterooms having a smaller porthole.
- Buffet breakfast and lunch served in the restaurant.
- À la carte dinner in the restaurant.
- Meals are served in a large restaurant with family-style dining. A private dining area is also available on request.
- Complimentary coffee, tea and snack facilities are available 24 hours.
- House wine, beer, and soft drinks are included with dinner.
- 10-, 11-, 12-night Antarctica Peninsula trips
- 10-, 11-, 12-night Antarctic Circle trips
- 20-, 21-night Falklands, South Georgia, Antarctica journeys
- 22-night Falklands, South Georgia, and Antarctic Circle expedition
Our specialists suggest: Our 15-day "Antarctic Peninsula cruise" itinerary, from £8,650pp. Read more »
Our specialists suggest: Our 24-day "Antarctica, South Georgia and the Falklands" itinerary, from £20,600pp. Read more »
Our specialists suggest: Our 14-day "Antarctic Peninsula Fly and Cruise" itinerary, from £15,295pp. Read more »
- Sea kayaking
- Ski touring
- Photography workshops
- Observation deck
- Open bridge
- Complimentary jacket/boots
- Open deck space
- Medical clinic
- Lecture hall
- Sauna and spa
- Jacuzzi/plunge pools