One of the most luxurious expedition vessels in the fleet, the all-suite Silver Explorer cuts no corners in providing an outstanding on-board experience. But don't let that fool you into thinking this ship isn't about the expeditions. It operates some of the most exhilarating and innovative trips around the world, changing its offering every year.
The Silver Explorer is well established as one of the most luxurious expedition vessels out there. The hull has the highest possible ice-class rating, offering up to 144 passengers the highest levels of safety in notoriously difficult seas. The cabins range from staterooms to opulent suites, all with windows and some with private balconies. Service is exemplary and includes a dedicated butler (the ratio of about one staff member to each passenger is one of the highest). But, you can rest assured that you’re still on an expedition, making as many landings as you would on smaller vessels. There are enough Zodiacs to accommodate all the passengers at one time. The all-inclusive expedition includes top-notch food accompanied by champagne, wines, beers and spirits. And, you won’t be expected to pay any gratuities during your stay, even for the 24-hour room service.
The cabins are some of the most comfortable we’ve experienced in expedition cruising. You can expect every detail to have been attended to, whether you’re staying in the lower-tier Adventurer Suite or, at the other end of the scale, the Grand Suite. Each cabin can configure into a double or twin room.
- Buffet breakfast served in the restaurant.
- Lunch served in the restaurant or Grill bar.
- A la carte dinner in the restaurant.
- Bar serving snacks, tea and coffee.
- Antarctic Peninsula, the Falklands and South Georgia.
- Svalbard and Greenland.
- West coast of South America.
- Tahiti and the South Pacific.
* Please note that routes change each year
Our specialists suggest: 10 nights aboard Silver Explorer as part of our 16-day "Luxury Antarctica Peninsula cruise" itinerary, from £12,545pp. Read more »
- Daily landings
- Zodiac cruising
- Wildlife viewing
- On-board lectures
- Photography trips
- Panoramic observation deck, with hot tubs
- Open bridge
- Internet access (where possible)
- Medical clinic
- Lounge with audio-visual facilities
- Voyage photographer
- Spa facilities and mud room
- Dedicated passenger service manager
- Complimentary expedition jacket and boot hire
- Butler service