A worthwhile excursion from Kota Kinabalu is to the Garama Wetlands — especially if you are not going to visit the Kinabatangan River.
Wildlife of the Garama Wetlands
Just over two hours' drive from Kota Kinabalu, the wetlands are home to many proboscis monkeys as well as macaques, river crocodiles, silver langurs and countless species of birdlife.
You will tour the wetlands on a small private boat and have dinner here before returning to Kota Kinabalu.
Map of Garama Wetlands
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Garama Wetlands
- Deramakot Forest Reserve 11 miles away
- Kinabatangan River 43 miles away
- Maliau Basin 48 miles away
- Sepilok 54 miles away
- Danum Valley 56 miles away
- Sandakan 60 miles away
- Kinabalu National Park 66 miles away
- Mount Kinabalu 67 miles away
- Kota Kinabalu 90 miles away
- Gaya Island 97 miles away
- Manukan Island 97 miles away
- Tabin Wildlife Reserve 101 miles away
- Brunei 166 miles away
- Mulu National Park 190 miles away
- Miri, Niah Caves & Lambir Hills National Park 241 miles away