Visit Baobab Beach, Madagascar
Baobab Beach is a remote stretch of coastline on the furthest tip of Anjanojano in northwest Madagascar.
It is only accessible by boat from the small fishing village of Ankify or the island of Nosy Be.
There is a long stretch of white sand beach, backed by lush virgin forest and dotted with majestic baobab trees, hundreds of years old. There are no roads in this area, no cars and only a tiny Madagascan village nearby.
The forest is home to plenty of wildlife. There are a number of lemurs including a troop of fifty which are seen most days. Chameleons, boas, and hundreds of bird species can also be seen. Turtles use the beach to nest and nests are marked for protection and to allow guests to watch the eggs hatch. Offshore, dolphins can be seen and whales during the seasonal whale migration.
Map of Baobab Beach
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Baobab Beach
- Ankify 26 kilometers away
- Nosy Komba 28 kilometers away
- Nosy Be 33 kilometers away
- Nosy Mitsio Archipelago 91 kilometers away
- Ankarana Special Reserve 130 kilometers away
- Amber Mountain National Park and Joffreville 164 kilometers away
- Joffreville Ambohitra 170 kilometers away
- Northern Madagascar 179 kilometers away
- Anjajavy Private Nature Reserve 183 kilometers away
- Maroantsetra 267 kilometers away
- Nosy Mangabe 275 kilometers away
- Masoala National Park 311 kilometers away
- Île Sainte-Marie 416 kilometers away