Baobab Beach is a remote stretch of coastline on the furthest tip of Anjanojano in northwest Madagascar.
There is a long stretch of white sand beach, backed by lush virgin forest and dotted with majestic baobab trees, hundreds of years old. There are no roads in this area, no cars and only a tiny Madagascan village nearby.
The forest is home to plenty of wildlife. There are a number of lemurs including a troop of fifty which are seen most days. Chameleons, boas, and hundreds of bird species can also be seen. Turtles use the beach to nest and nests are marked for protection and to allow guests to watch the eggs hatch. Offshore, dolphins can be seen and whales during the seasonal whale migration.
Map of Baobab Beach
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Baobab Beach
- Ankify 16 miles away
- Nosy Komba 17 miles away
- Nosy Be 21 miles away
- Nosy Mitsio Archipelago 57 miles away
- Ankarana Special Reserve 81 miles away
- Amber Mountain National Park and Joffreville 102 miles away
- Joffreville Ambohitra 106 miles away
- Northern Madagascar 112 miles away
- Anjajavy Private Nature Reserve 114 miles away
- Maroantsetra 166 miles away
- Nosy Mangabe 171 miles away
- Masoala National Park 193 miles away
- Île Sainte-Marie 258 miles away