Tongole Wilderness Lodge
Tongole Wilderness Lodge is situated deep within the miombo woodland of the Nkhotakota Wildlife Reserve. A very small lodge, it has just four cottages which are all located on the banks of the river, blending in with their natural surroundings.
The cottages are built from the same red earth, rock, wood and thatch upon which the lodge stands. Each spacious room possesses panoramic views over the river and forest and are a cool and breezy haven during the heat of the day. Beds are super-king size and en suite bathrooms have a shower, twin marble basins, flush lavatory and a large hand-built sunken bath — doubling as a plunge-pool 'with a view' during the day. Spectacular raised wooden decks afford a private space to relax and watch the river and forest wildlife go by.
The center of the lodge houses a lounge and dining area where delicious meals are prepared using fresh ingredients. Service at the lodge is friendly and personal with excellent guides on hand to lead you out on a wide variety of activities.
Speak to someone
who's been there
Start planning your tailor-made trip by contacting one of our Malawi specialists
- Make an inquiry
Photos of Tongole Wilderness Lodge
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Nkhotakota Wildlife Reserve and nearby places
- Lilongwe 122 kilometers away
- Likoma Island & Mozambique Lakeshore 121 kilometers away
- Lake Malawi 141 kilometers away
- The Southern Lakeshore & Cape Maclear 151 kilometers away
- Viphya Forest Mountains 150 kilometers away
- The Northern Lakeshore 174 kilometers away
- Vwaza Marsh 221 kilometers away
- Nyika Plateau 253 kilometers away
- Liwonde National Park 262 kilometers away
- Zomba Plateau 308 kilometers away