Visit Munnar, India
At an altitude of 1,524 metres and close to Anamudi, the highest peak in southern India, the cool climate of Munnar provides a welcome relief from the heat of the plains.
Munnar is easily accessible from both Cochin and Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary and a visit to this hill station is recommended as part of a Kerala tour.
The surrounding hills are covered in a dense carpet of tea, which comprise some of the world’s highest plantations. A short guided stroll or a longer few days’ walk though the plantations allows you to see the local tea pickers at work and to enjoy the hill scenery that made Munnar a popular colonial retreat.
Suggested itineraries featuring Munnar
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Munnar, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
India and MaldivesView this tour
IndiaView this tour
IndiaView this tour
Map of Munnar
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Munnar
- Kerala 44 kilometers away
- Kothamangalam 47 kilometers away
- Thekkady & Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary 69 kilometers away
- Palakkad 89 kilometers away
- Cochin 90 kilometers away
- The Backwaters 100 kilometers away
- Mararikulam 100 kilometers away
- Madurai 118 kilometers away
- Ooty 153 kilometers away
- Kovalam 188 kilometers away
- Chettinad 188 kilometers away
- Waynad 195 kilometers away
- Trichy 197 kilometers away
- Nagarhole National Park 241 kilometers away
- Tanjore 241 kilometers away
- Mysore 252 kilometers away
- Tellicherry 252 kilometers away
- Coorg 298 kilometers away
- Neeleshwar 323 kilometers away
- Tranquebar 324 kilometers away
- Bangalore 327 kilometers away
- Pondicherry 367 kilometers away
- Belur & Halebid 368 kilometers away
- Kanchipuram 421 kilometers away
- Mahabalipuram 444 kilometers away
- Chennai 481 kilometers away
Photos of Munnar
Accommodation choices for Munnar
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Munnar. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Ecotones offers a rustic collection of cottages and mud houses, all built using local resources. Less than an hour's drive from Munnar, it's set among exotic gardens and close to a picturesque reservoir.
Windermere makes a wonderful retreat, set amidst magnificent scenery with the best views in town.
Situated about three miles from the town centre Ambady Estate is a small property in a peaceful location.