Tabletop buttes, red-rock slot canyons and wind-sculpted sandstone arches — you’ll find all the landscapes that visually define the American Southwest in Utah. In its 13 national parks and monuments, you can also see pine-covered mountains, snow-dusted peaks and dinosaur bones baked into the bedrock. A trip to Utah is all about outdoor exploration, and our specialists have hiked, rafted and cycled across the state, from the waters of the Great Salt Lake in the northwest to the brick-red stone mesas at Monument Valley in the south. We can suggest the best place to photograph the totem-pole-shaped hoodoos of Bryce Canyon National Park, help you find 1,000-year-old petroglyphs at Capitol Reef and tell you how to get away from the crowds in Zion.
Whether you’re an experienced hiker or just bought your first pair of walking boots, we know the best ways to see the parks, including trails that will lead you to sweeping vistas and private guides who can take you deep into backcountry. You can also explore an International Dark Sky Reserve or try white-water rafting on the Colorado River’s rapids.
Places to visit in Utah
Featuring heavily on our experiences of visiting Utah, these selected places are destinations that also prove consistently popular with our travellers. Our specialists can help you choose how to include them in your wider trip, based on your preferences.
Suggested itineraries featuring Utah
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Utah, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Utah
Places & hotels on the map
Places in and around Utah
- Arches National Park Utah
- Bryce Canyon National Park Utah
- Canyonlands National Park Utah
- Moab Utah
- Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park Utah
- Salt Lake City Utah
- Torrey Utah
- Zion National Park Utah
- Grand Junction 248 kilometers away
- Page 268 kilometers away
- Kayenta, Monument Valley 306 kilometers away
- Mesa Verde National Park 347 kilometers away
- Telluride 348 kilometers away
- Grand Canyon National Park 375 kilometers away
- Durango 383 kilometers away
- Vail 433 kilometers away
- Flagstaff 460 kilometers away
- Teton Village - Grand Teton National Park 478 kilometers away
- Winslow 483 kilometers away