Visit Maheshwar, India
Set on the banks of the wide blue Narmada River lies the relaxing little town of Maheshwar.
The fort and temples, built in the 18th century by Rani Ahilya Bai — one of India's most revered women rulers — dominate the town while the daily activities at Maheshwar’s ghats, the steps down to the river, are an absorbing sight.
A charitable society inside the fort maintains a sari-weaving factory where you can watch an ancient technique, unique to Maheshwar, performed by the weavers working on the hand-looms.
Map of Maheshwar
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Maheshwar
- Aurangabad 160 miles away
- Dungarpur 166 miles away
- Satpura National Park 174 miles away
- Bhainsrorgarh 193 miles away
- Chittorgarh 197 miles away
- Ahmedabad 202 miles away
- Udaipur 205 miles away
- Devigarh 219 miles away
- Bundi 226 miles away
- Kumbhalgarh 242 miles away
- Shahpura 242 miles away
- Mount Abu 248 miles away
- Pench Tiger Reserve 253 miles away
- Narlai 254 miles away
- Deogarh 255 miles away
- Barli 267 miles away
- Ranthambhore National Park 272 miles away
- Chanoud 280 miles away
- Mumbai (Bombay) 281 miles away
- Tadoba National Park 282 miles away
- Chhatra Sagar 290 miles away
- Nimaj 293 miles away
- Orchha 293 miles away
- Ramathra 293 miles away
- Little Rann of Kutch National Park 299 miles away
Photos of Maheshwar
Accommodation choices for Maheshwar
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Maheshwar. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
High above the banks of the sacred Narmada River, this palace, built in 1766, has been lovingly converted into a small boutique hotel with only 14 rooms, attractive gardens and a lovely pool.