Tongole Wilderness Lodge
Tongole Wilderness Lodge is situated deep within the miombo woodland of the Nkhotakota Wildlife Reserve. A very small lodge, it has just four cottages which are all located on the banks of the river, blending in with their natural surroundings.
The cottages are built from the same red earth, rock, wood and thatch upon which the lodge stands. Each spacious room possesses panoramic views over the river and forest and are a cool and breezy haven during the heat of the day. Beds are super-king size and en suite bathrooms have a shower, twin marble basins, flush lavatory and a large hand-built sunken bath — doubling as a plunge-pool 'with a view' during the day. Spectacular raised wooden decks afford a private space to relax and watch the river and forest wildlife go by.
The centre of the lodge houses a lounge and dining area where delicious meals are prepared using fresh ingredients. Service at the lodge is friendly and personal with excellent guides on hand to lead you out on a wide variety of activities.
who's been there
01993 838 92501993 838 540
- Make an enquiry
Photos of Tongole Wilderness Lodge
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Nkhotakota Wildlife Reserve and nearby places
- Lilongwe 76 miles away
- Likoma Island & Mozambique Lakeshore 75 miles away
- Lake Malawi 88 miles away
- The Southern Lakeshore & Cape Maclear 94 miles away
- Viphya Forest Mountains 93 miles away
- The Northern Lakeshore 108 miles away
- Vwaza Marsh 137 miles away
- Nyika Plateau 157 miles away
- Liwonde National Park 163 miles away
- Zomba Plateau 191 miles away