Visit Erongo Mountains, Namibia
The Erongo Mountain range is a beautiful spot for walks, interesting scenery and bird watching.
Only a few hour's drive from Windhoek to the north-west, it is easily accessible and makes for a good starting point or few days to relax at the end of your trip in Namibia.
The mountains are granitic, formed from an extinct volcano and rise to 2,320m above sea level at their highest point. Known for their interesting mineral content, aquamarine and topaz have been found here. There are also several caves and rock painting sites which you can visit, some of which are thought to date back more than 2,000 years.
All of the accommodation around the Erongo Mountains offer walks of varying lengths, depending on how much you wish to exert yourself. You may come across some of the resident wildlife and birdlife which include springboks, kudus, Hartmann's mountain zebras, rock hyrax, peregrine falcons and rosy-faced lovebirds.
Accommodation choices for Erongo Mountains
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Erongo Mountains. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Map of Erongo Mountains
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Erongo Mountains
- The Central Highlands 95 miles away
- Swakopmund and Pelican Point 101 miles away
- Windhoek 110 miles away
- Walvis Bay 116 miles away
- Waterberg Plateau 136 miles away
- Damaraland 147 miles away
- The Naukluft Mountains 168 miles away
- Etosha National Park 205 miles away
- Sossusvlei & Sesriem 213 miles away
- Southern Namibia 216 miles away
- The NamibRand Nature Reserve 236 miles away
- Northern Namibia 258 miles away
- Kaokoland 285 miles away