Home to the highest tides in the world, the Bay of Fundy stretches 270 kilometers between the provinces of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.
Each day 100 billion tonnes of seawater flows in and out of the bay during each tide cycle – more than the combined flow of all the world’s freshwater rivers. Fundy National Park, bordering the bay, has wild and rugged sea cliffs, tidal mud flats and forested hills which are home to exhilarating walking trails.
East of here lies the dramatic Cape Enrage whilst further on at the Hopewell Rocks you can walk on the ocean floor during low tide and kayak around the rocks when the tide is in.
Map of the Bay of Fundy
Places & hotels on the map
Places near the Bay of Fundy
- Saint John 21 miles away
- Annapolis Royal 31 miles away
- Saint Andrews by-the-Sea 49 miles away
- Riverside-Albert 84 miles away
- Lunenburg 95 miles away
- New Brunswick 122 miles away
- Halifax 124 miles away
- Kouchibouguac National Park 139 miles away
- West Point 140 miles away
- Prince Edward Island 163 miles away
- Charlottetown 166 miles away
- Cavendish 166 miles away
- Pictou 170 miles away
- Nova Scotia 174 miles away
- Liscomb Mills 194 miles away
- Spry Point 199 miles away
- Caraquet 200 miles away
- Charlos Cove 231 miles away
- Îles de la Madeleine 258 miles away
- La Malbaie 270 miles away
- Cape Breton & Cabot Trail 273 miles away
- Charlevoix & Saguenay - Lac St. Jean 275 miles away
- The Gaspé Peninsula 277 miles away
- Eastern Townships 277 miles away
- Québec City 279 miles away
- Ingonish 296 miles away
Accommodation choices for the Bay of Fundy
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit the Bay of Fundy. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Conveniently placed right on the Bay of Fundy, the Cliffside Suites and Cottage provide a comfortable base for exploring the area with individual suites with private decks, full kitchens and waterfront views.