Annapolis Royal, named after Queen Anne, is an historic town of splendid Victorian mansions nestled between the Annapolis and Allain rivers.
Originally inhabited by a strong Mi’kmaq community, in 1605 the area was settled by some of the first Europeans: it was controlled by France until peninsula Nova Scotia was handed over to the British by the treaty of Utrecht in 1713.
Today there are substantial remains of 18th century Fort Anne with lovely river views. Other sights include the Bay of Fundy, just ten kilometers away, the Historic Gardens, Port Royal National Historic Site and the apple orchards of the fertile Annapolis Valley.
Map of Annapolis Royal
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Annapolis Royal
- The Bay of Fundy 31 miles away
- Saint John 46 miles away
- Lunenburg 65 miles away
- Saint Andrews by-the-Sea 79 miles away
- Riverside-Albert 80 miles away
- Halifax 96 miles away
- New Brunswick 142 miles away
- West Point 142 miles away
- Kouchibouguac National Park 147 miles away
- Pictou 152 miles away
- Nova Scotia 152 miles away
- Prince Edward Island 154 miles away
- Charlottetown 156 miles away
- Cavendish 160 miles away
- Liscomb Mills 169 miles away
- Spry Point 185 miles away
- Charlos Cove 208 miles away
- Caraquet 211 miles away
- Îles de la Madeleine 251 miles away
- Cape Breton & Cabot Trail 257 miles away
- Ingonish 280 miles away
- Louisbourg 282 miles away
- The Gaspé Peninsula 287 miles away
- La Malbaie 300 miles away
Photos of Annapolis Royal
Accommodation choices for Annapolis Royal
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Annapolis Royal. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
This Victorian-era heritage property is located on George Street, one of the oldest streets in Canada. The historic inn showcases antique furniture with Victorian-style wallpaper and rugs while still offering modern amenities. With a great location, beautiful elm tree-studded grounds and memorable 3-course breakfast, this is one of our top choices in the area.