Vacations to Prince Edward Island
Prince Edward Island, Canada’s smallest province, is a land of rich, rolling, red farmland, verdant valleys, stunning seascapes and bustling harbors.
Anne of Green Gables
This is Canada’s birthplace with the confederation being signed here in 1867. It was also home to Lucy Maud Montgomery, author of 'Anne of Green Gables'.
The island has a cornucopia of natural treasures such as Brudenall, Linkletter and Souris Beach Provincial Parks, the 'singing' sands of Basin Head and countless lighthouses that evoke the region’s maritime heritage.
The recently-constructed Confederation Bridge allows easy access from New Brunswick to some of Canada’s finest beaches, best golf courses, friendliest locals and, of course, the delectable Prince Edward Island lobsters.
Places to visit in Prince Edward Island
Featuring heavily on our experiences of visiting Prince Edward Island, these selected places are destinations that also prove consistently popular with our travelers. Our specialists can help you choose how to include them in your wider trip, based on your preferences.
Map of Prince Edward Island
Places & hotels on the map
Places in and around Prince Edward Island
- Cavendish Prince Edward Island
- Charlottetown Prince Edward Island
- Spry Point Prince Edward Island
- West Point Prince Edward Island
- Pictou 56 miles away
- Riverside-Albert 80 miles away
- Kouchibouguac National Park 83 miles away
- Nova Scotia 85 miles away
- Îles de la Madeleine 97 miles away
- Liscomb Mills 111 miles away
- Halifax 119 miles away
- Cape Breton & Cabot Trail 122 miles away
- Charlos Cove 124 miles away
- Caraquet 125 miles away
- New Brunswick 137 miles away
- Ingonish 141 miles away
- Lunenburg 145 miles away
- Saint John 152 miles away
- Annapolis Royal 154 miles away
- The Bay of Fundy 163 miles away
- Louisbourg 164 miles away
- The Gaspé Peninsula 180 miles away
- Saint Andrews by-the-Sea 200 miles away
- Anticosti Island 218 miles away
Photos of Prince Edward Island
Accommodation choices for Prince Edward Island
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Prince Edward Island. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Fine food, chic rooms and a waterfront setting combine to make The Inn at Bay Fortune the finest property on Prince Edward Island. Its sleek styling and gourmet restaurant offer urbane style in a bucolic setting.
The Great George is made up of a collection of charming heritage buildings, repurposed into a luxury boutique hotel. A few minutes’ walk will bring you to top restaurants, the bustling Peake’s Quay, local history and shopping.
The Hotel on Pownal is a modern, boutique property. Centrally located, this is a great option for families and couples wishing to explore Charlottetown.