Situated at the northern end of Deer Lake, the town is a major transport hub for western Newfoundland as the Trans-Canada Highway passes through and it has an airport which serves Newfoundland and other parts of eastern Canada.
It is a convenient stopping place for people traveling north to the Northern Peninsula and L'Anse aux Meadows and also for people wanting to be close to the outstanding beauty of Gros Morne National Park.
The town is surrounded by lakes, rivers, forests and mountains and offers plenty of activities all year round.
Map of Deer Lake
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Deer Lake
- Gros Morne National Park 36 miles away
- The Great Northern Peninsula 106 miles away
- Twillingate 125 miles away
- Terra Nova National Park 164 miles away
- Red Bay 183 miles away
- Trinity Bay 197 miles away
- Ingonish 223 miles away
- Îles de la Madeleine 242 miles away
- St. John's 244 miles away
- Cape Breton & Cabot Trail 247 miles away
- Anticosti Island 253 miles away
- Louisbourg 255 miles away