Visit Kapalai Island, Borneo
Kapalai Island, Borneo
Kapalai is now an underwater island, emerging at low tide as a sand bar on the Ligitan Reef.
Marine life of Kapalai
Erosion has taken its toll on this area of reef but the only resort here enjoys a stunning location above the shallow waters of the Celebes sea and walking around on the stilted board walk you will look down to see star fish, rays, barracudas, gobies and a wealth of other macro species.
The resort is a superb experience in itself - from here it is a twenty minute boat ride to the world renowned Sipadan island dive site and just ten minutes to Mabul, where you will enjoy some of the best 'muck' diving in the world.
Map of Kapalai Island
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Kapalai Island
- Sipadan, Mabul & Kapalai Islands 20 kilometers away
- Mataking Island 50 kilometers away
- Tabin Wildlife Reserve 111 kilometers away
- Danum Valley 120 kilometers away
- Kinabatangan River 172 kilometers away
- Maliau Basin 178 kilometers away
- Deramakot Forest Reserve 190 kilometers away
- Sandakan 194 kilometers away
- Sepilok 201 kilometers away
- Garama Wetlands 206 kilometers away
- Kinabalu National Park 312 kilometers away
- Mount Kinabalu 313 kilometers away
- Kota Kinabalu 346 kilometers away
- Manukan Island 357 kilometers away
- Gaya Island 357 kilometers away
- Mulu National Park 411 kilometers away
- Brunei 424 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Kapalai Island
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Kapalai Island. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.