The Mvuu Camp consists of five twin chalets, five family chalets and three rondavels, all of which are comfortably and simply furnished.
The chalets are built on a stone basis with canvas roof and stone-walled en suite bathroom. The camp has a central dining and bar area in a large thatched roof building also including the main reception and a small curio shop. The main lodge overlooks the beautiful wide Shire River where you can see pods of hippo and elephant herds playing in the water.
The restaurant serves tasty food and your activities here include walks (with armed scout), game drives and also boat trips on the river. Located near to the camp is also a rhino reserve which is home to around seven black rhino, and while sightings can never be guaranteed it could just be the highlight of your trip. The guides at the camp are excellent; they are well trained, knowledgeable and informative.
Speak to someone
who's been there
Start planning your tailor-made trip by contacting one of our Malawi specialists
- Make an inquiry
Photos of Mvuu Camp
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Alternative places to stay nearby
Where possible, we like to offer a range of accommodation for each stop of your trip, chosen by our specialists as some of their favorite places to stay. To help you make the right choice, we give each property a rating based on its facilities and service, but we also look for hotels with distinct character or a location that can’t be bettered.
Liwonde National Park
Liwonde National Park and nearby places
- Zomba Plateau 60 kilometers away
- The Southern Lakeshore & Cape Maclear 105 kilometers away
- Thyolo Region 137 kilometers away
- Majete Wildlife Reserve 138 kilometers away
- Lilongwe 190 kilometers away
- Nkhotakota Wildlife Reserve 253 kilometers away
- Likoma Island & Mozambique Lakeshore 317 kilometers away
- Lake Malawi 370 kilometers away
- Viphya Forest Mountains 399 kilometers away
- The Northern Lakeshore 405 kilometers away