Ichingo River Lodge
Small, intimate and very comfortable, the Ichingo River Lodge is privately owned by Ralph and Dawn Oxenham who are also still involved with managing the lodge.
The lodge is situated about ten minutes by boat from Kasane on the south side of Impalila Island. The Chobe River rapids run in the quiet backwaters past the lodge which is tucked into the riverine forest and thus peaceful and secluded.
The main area is thatched and has a lovely living and dining room overlooking the rapids on the Chobe River. At night the paths and dining room are lit with lanterns which reflect and twinkle in the water.
There are eight Meru style tents situated along the river. The tents are basic but comfortable and have en suite bathrooms and decks which look through the forest to the water.
From the lodge you will be able to enjoy boat trips on the Chobe River and guided walks on the island. The Chobe River attracts large numbers of game especially in the dry season including elephant, buffalo, hippo and various antelope. Bird watching is excellent in the area with over 400 species.
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Photos of Ichingo River Lodge
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Impalila Island and nearby places
- Chobe River Front 19 kilometers away
- Katima Mulilo 91 kilometers away
- The Caprivi Strip 143 kilometers away
- Mudumu & Nkasa Lupala National Park 166 kilometers away
- Popa Falls & Mahangu Game Park 359 kilometers away
- Khaudum National Park 472 kilometers away
- Rundu 561 kilometers away
- Northern Namibia 841 kilometers away
- Waterberg Plateau 867 kilometers away
- Etosha National Park 959 kilometers away