Visit Kerikeri, New Zealand
Kerikeri was once home to the fearsome Maori chief Hongi Hika, but today is better known for citrus orchards, historic buildings and arts and crafts.
New Zealand’s oldest standing stone building, the ‘Stone Store’, and its oldest standing wooden structure, the ‘Kerikeri Mission House’ live side-by-side in the heart of town, still looking just as good as they did when built in the 1840s.
Kerikeri has a lively café scene, plenty of wineries and several gourmet food producers, easily linked in a regional tour.
Suggested itineraries featuring Kerikeri
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Kerikeri, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Kerikeri
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Kerikeri
- Paihia 14 kilometers away
- Russell 16 kilometers away
- Bay of Islands 21 kilometers away
- Matauri Bay 21 kilometers away
- The Kauri Coast 67 kilometers away
- 90 Mile Beach & Cape Reinga 104 kilometers away
- Warkworth 146 kilometers away
- Great Barrier Island 171 kilometers away
- Devonport 194 kilometers away
- Auckland 195 kilometers away
- Waiheke Island 200 kilometers away
- Coromandel Peninsula 250 kilometers away
- Waikato 250 kilometers away
- Thames & Kauaeranga Valley 257 kilometers away
- Tauranga 338 kilometers away
- Waitomo 354 kilometers away
- Bay of Plenty 357 kilometers away
- Rotorua 384 kilometers away
- Taranaki & New Plymouth 427 kilometers away
- Lake Taupo 429 kilometers away
- Tongariro National Park 468 kilometers away
Photos of Kerikeri
Accommodation choices for Kerikeri
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Kerikeri. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Located within a secluded valley, Avalon Resort consists of luxury cottages, which overlook the lakes and native garden, and studios that are based around the natural pool area.
With just three guest rooms, the Bed of Roses B&B has a personal and welcoming atmosphere, and is located close to the historic Stone Store, and the center of Kerikeri.
Ideas for experiencing Kerikeri
Our specialists seek out authentic ways to get to know the places that could feature in your trip. These activities reflect some of the experiences they've most enjoyed while visiting Kerikeri, and which use the best local guides.
This unforgettable excursion is a five hour tour of Cape Reinga and the extreme Northland. The day starts with a breathtaking flight over the west coast of Northland in a Cessna aircraft. This is the perfect - indeed, the only - way to put this stunning scenery into perspective.