Visit Blenheim, New Zealand
Happily located in the heart of the world-renowned Marlborough wine region, this is the place to pick up a delectable bottle of sauvignon blanc or three, perhaps from one of the most famous vineyards of all: Cloudy Bay.
The town itself offers little in the way of attractions, or attractiveness for that matter, but step out into the countryside and you will be rewarded with endless rows of vines heavy with grapes, open cellar doors revealing myriad vintage wines, and restaurants featuring incredible cuisine. Heaven.
Suggested itineraries featuring Blenheim
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Blenheim, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Blenheim
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Blenheim
- Picton 26 kilometers away
- Marlborough Sounds 43 kilometers away
- Nelson 63 kilometers away
- Wellington 74 kilometers away
- Kaikoura 101 kilometers away
- Abel Tasman National Park 107 kilometers away
- The Kapiti Coast 113 kilometers away
- Martinborough 131 kilometers away
- Greytown 136 kilometers away
- Wairarapa & surrounds 137 kilometers away
- Kahurangi National Park 139 kilometers away
- Collingwood & Farewell Spit 142 kilometers away
- Hanmer Springs 146 kilometers away
- Whanganui National Park 200 kilometers away
- Punakaiki 227 kilometers away
- Christchurch 249 kilometers away
- Arthur's Pass National Park 253 kilometers away
- Akaroa & Banks Peninsula 268 kilometers away
- Taranaki & New Plymouth 275 kilometers away
- Hokitika 281 kilometers away
- Tongariro National Park 288 kilometers away
- Hastings 322 kilometers away
- Hawke's Bay 336 kilometers away
- Napier 338 kilometers away
- Lake Taupo 364 kilometers away
- Waitomo 375 kilometers away
- Fox & Franz Josef Glaciers 389 kilometers away
- Lake Tekapo 397 kilometers away
- Mount Cook National Park 401 kilometers away
- Rotorua 425 kilometers away
- Twizel 438 kilometers away
- Waikato 466 kilometers away
- Tauranga 467 kilometers away
- Bay of Plenty 470 kilometers away
- Eastland & Gisborne 471 kilometers away
- Haast & Lake Moeraki 480 kilometers away
Photos of Blenheim
Accommodation choices for Blenheim
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Blenheim. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Set amongst fields of vines, Vintner's Retreat Villas offers high quality accommodation within a short distance of everything the wine regions and Marlborough Sounds have to offer.
Marlborough Lodge is a lovely property with just five, spacious guest suites. Each has been beautifully crafted in native hardwoods and offers incredible views of the surrounding area.
The Peppertree is a beautiful Edwardian villa offering five individually decorated suites, and its own boutique vineyard, which produces the hosts' own chardonnay.
The Marlborough Vintners Hotel and Vintners Room restaurant are located in the heart of the Blenheim winelands, and provide contemporary, self-contained accommodation and fine dining amongst the vines.
The Bell Tower is a boutique lodge situated amid stunning scenery, overlooking Marlborough's vineyards.