Visit Pangani, Tanzania
Pangani is a pivotal 19th century trade center that has been largely bypassed by 20th century developments.
Pangani's colonial past
Endowed with a number of crumbling old buildings, dating from the earliest years of its existence through to the colonial era, Pangani retains the most traditional Swahili character of any of the ports on the north coast.
It also has a superb location, on the north bank of the mouth of the forest-fringed Pangani River, from where a gorgeous beach stretches northward as far as the eye can see.
When in Pangani there are some relaxed activities to do. The old town itself warrants a couple of hour’s exploration, you can arrange a boat trip up the forested Pangani River, a snorkeling excursion to Maziwe Island or walking tours of the inland.
Map of Pangani
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Pangani
- Tanzania's Swahili Coast 11 kilometers away
- Saadani 71 kilometers away
- Bagamoyo 115 kilometers away
- Dar es Salaam 160 kilometers away
- Ras Kutani 179 kilometers away
- Mikumi National Park 282 kilometers away
- Mount Kilimanjaro 318 kilometers away
- Arusha 341 kilometers away
- West Kilimanjaro 345 kilometers away
- Songo Songo Archipelago 353 kilometers away
- Tarangire National Park 365 kilometers away
- Longido 393 kilometers away
- Selous Game Reserve 396 kilometers away
- Southern Tanzania 404 kilometers away
- Lake Manyara National Park 416 kilometers away
- Karatu 434 kilometers away
- Ol Donyo Lengai 451 kilometers away
- Ngorongoro Crater 462 kilometers away
- Northern Tanzania 462 kilometers away
- Lake Natron 473 kilometers away
- Lake Eyasi 477 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Pangani
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Pangani. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
This is a lovely small and friendly hotel on a great stretch of beach. The food is excellent and this is a perfect place to relax for a few days or preferably more.