Visit Towadako & Hirosaki, Japan
Straddling the border between Akita and Aomori prefectures is Towadako, one of Honshu’s most scenic lakes, and hugely popular with local visitors during the turning leaf ‘koyo’ season from mid- October, when the beech and maple-clad hillsides of the Oirase Valley turn to spectacular shades of gold and crimson.
The area is replete with atmospheric inns offering traditional fare and natural hot spring bathing. A little to the north the town of Hirosaki boasts a cosmopolitan ambience belying its location, with a splendid summer festival, a fine castle and samurai district.
Suggested itinerary featuring Towadako & Hirosaki
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Towadako & Hirosaki, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Towadako & Hirosaki
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Towadako & Hirosaki
- Nyuto Onsen 80 kilometers away
- Tazawako 87 kilometers away
- Kakunodate 103 kilometers away
- Hakodate 148 kilometers away
- Tohoku 168 kilometers away
- Dewa-sanzan 228 kilometers away
- Matsushima 240 kilometers away
- Sapporo 290 kilometers away
- Hokkaido 371 kilometers away
- Asahidake 391 kilometers away
- Sounkyo 401 kilometers away
- Kushiro 404 kilometers away
- Akan-ko National Park 426 kilometers away
- Nikko 430 kilometers away
- Noto Peninsula 453 kilometers away
- Yudanaka 468 kilometers away