Visit Blenheim, New Zealand
Happily located in the heart of the world-renowned Marlborough wine region, this is the place to pick up a delectable bottle of sauvignon blanc or three, perhaps from one of the most famous vineyards of all: Cloudy Bay.
The town itself offers little in the way of attractions, or attractiveness for that matter, but step out into the countryside and you will be rewarded with endless rows of vines heavy with grapes, open cellar doors revealing myriad vintage wines, and restaurants featuring incredible cuisine. Heaven.
Suggested itineraries featuring Blenheim
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Blenheim, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Blenheim
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Blenheim
- Picton 16 miles away
- Marlborough Sounds 27 miles away
- Nelson 39 miles away
- Wellington 46 miles away
- Kaikoura 63 miles away
- Abel Tasman National Park 66 miles away
- The Kapiti Coast 71 miles away
- Martinborough 82 miles away
- Greytown 85 miles away
- Wairarapa & surrounds 85 miles away
- Kahurangi National Park 87 miles away
- Collingwood & Farewell Spit 89 miles away
- Hanmer Springs 91 miles away
- Whanganui National Park 124 miles away
- Punakaiki 141 miles away
- Christchurch 155 miles away
- Arthur's Pass National Park 158 miles away
- Akaroa & Banks Peninsula 166 miles away
- Taranaki & New Plymouth 171 miles away
- Hokitika 175 miles away
- Tongariro National Park 179 miles away
- Hastings 200 miles away
- Hawke's Bay 209 miles away
- Napier 210 miles away
- Lake Taupo 226 miles away
- Waitomo 233 miles away
- Fox & Franz Josef Glaciers 242 miles away
- Lake Tekapo 247 miles away
- Mount Cook National Park 249 miles away
- Rotorua 264 miles away
- Twizel 272 miles away
- Waikato 290 miles away
- Tauranga 291 miles away
- Bay of Plenty 292 miles away
- Eastland & Gisborne 293 miles away
- Haast & Lake Moeraki 298 miles away
Photos of Blenheim
Accommodation choices for Blenheim
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Blenheim. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Set amongst fields of vines, Vintner's Retreat Villas offers high quality accommodation within a short distance of everything the wine regions and Marlborough Sounds have to offer.
Marlborough Lodge is a lovely property with just five, spacious guest suites. Each has been beautifully crafted in native hardwoods and offers incredible views of the surrounding area.
The Peppertree is a beautiful Edwardian villa offering five individually decorated suites, and its own boutique vineyard, which produces the hosts' own chardonnay.
The Marlborough Vintners Hotel and Vintners Room restaurant are located in the heart of the Blenheim winelands, and provide contemporary, self-contained accommodation and fine dining amongst the vines.
The Bell Tower is a boutique lodge situated amid stunning scenery, overlooking Marlborough's vineyards.