Visit Warkworth, New Zealand
Warkworth, New Zealand
An hour north of Auckland, near the bohemian village of Puhoi and the colonial town of Warkworth, the Matakana area is famed for its food, wine and thriving arts scene.
There is a selection of small family run wineries as well as sandy arcs of coastline washed by rolling Pacific surf. Matakana provides a perfect break in the drive between the Bay of Islands and Auckland.
Suggested Warkworth itinerary
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Warkworth, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Warkworth
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Warkworth
- Devonport 31 miles away
- Auckland 32 miles away
- Waiheke Island 35 miles away
- Great Barrier Island 45 miles away
- Waikato 69 miles away
- Thames & Kauaeranga Valley 72 miles away
- Coromandel Peninsula 72 miles away
- The Kauri Coast 80 miles away
- Paihia 84 miles away
- Russell 85 miles away
- Bay of Islands 89 miles away
- Kerikeri 91 miles away
- Matauri Bay 103 miles away
- Tauranga 122 miles away
- Waitomo 132 miles away
- Bay of Plenty 135 miles away
- 90 Mile Beach & Cape Reinga 148 miles away
- Rotorua 149 miles away
- Lake Taupo 177 miles away
- Taranaki & New Plymouth 187 miles away
- Tongariro National Park 202 miles away
- Eastland & Gisborne 243 miles away
- Whanganui National Park 246 miles away
- Napier 247 miles away
- Hawke's Bay 254 miles away
- Hastings 255 miles away
Photos of Warkworth
Accommodation choices for Warkworth
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Warkworth. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
All four suites at Takatu Lodge offer fantastic views, either towards the ocean or over the vineyard, and are designed for maximum privacy, elegance and comfort.