One of Southeast Asia’s most visited countries, Thailand offers far more than the standard Bangkok and beach package combination. At Audley we prefer to match an individual's interests with the areas in Thailand that would suit them most, whether that’s exploring national parks, meeting hill tribes or relaxing on quieter beaches where you can observe local fishermen bringing in their day’s catch.
Our specialists know Thailand inside out and have designed a series of tour ideas to inspire you as you plan your route. We can then tailor your itinerary to include your own travel suggestions to create your very own bespoke tour.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- 01993 838 115
- Make an enquiry
Our recommended tours in Thailand
These itineraries are designed to give you some suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Thailand, and they showcase some of the routes that we’ve found work particularly well. Treat them simply as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely for you by one of our specialists based on your particular tastes and interests.
Unfortunately no tours matched your search criteria.
- 31 individual whitewashed cottages sit among lush tropical gardens.
- The hotel is located on the secretive Ao Prao Beach on tiny Koh Samet for perfect relaxation.
- Spa set alongside the sweeping pool for an open air massage with a gorgeous view.
- Location on the southern tip of the island means seclusion with spectacular sunrises and sunsets.
- Individual whitewashed villas have thatched palm roofs and many have private pools.
- Snorkeling and kayaking out to the nearby coral reefs.
- Asian fusion dishes created by Thai celebrity chef McDang served at the elegant restaurant.
- Seemingly hidden away in nature for ultimate relaxation.
- The restaurant is a covered bamboo terrace for stunning views over the beach and ocean as you dine.
- The hotel style is relaxed and friendly, with room interiors drawing on elements of nature.
- Enjoy a relaxing beachside massage at the open air Kala spa.
- Hidden on the idyllic island of Koh Yoa Noi within a tropical rainforest reserve.
- Fantastic fresh seafood is on offer at Seafood Terrace, situated right on the beach.
- The rooms are set within the tranquil forest with views over the gardens or the bay.
- Opportunity to kayak to the nearby limestone rock formations or hidden coves.
- The Serenity Spa has many treatments to choose from and two daily yoga sessions.
- Each of the suites and villas features a private plunge pool and stunning views.
- Dine by Design offers guests the chance to design the setting and menu for a private dinner.
- Award-winning spa providing traditional Asian wellness experiences.
- Secretive location set among huge palm trees and descending right onto the white sand beach.
- Options for snorkeling and diving on day trips.
- Enjoy the natural beauty of Khao Lak, with 11 km of white sand beach.
- Delight in alfresco beachside dining at the Edge restaurant.
- Fantastic location for snorkeling and scuba diving at the Similian and Surin Islands.
- Thai cookery classes introduce guests to authentic Thai flavours and how to recreate them.
- Pool suites and residences have access to their own private terrace and pool.
Experience Wat Pho and the Grand Palace before the crowds.
Visit the traditional markets of Amphawa and stay in the Mae Klong delta.
Visit the Bridge on the River Kwai and explore the beautiful scenery of Kanchanaburi.
Take a Kermit tuk-tuk around the ancient temples of old Siam.
Relax on the island of Koh Samet.
Cambodia and Thailand
Explore the magnificent temples of Angkor.
Learn about Cambodia's growing food and art scene in Battambang.
Kayak, paddle board and taste your way through Kampot.
Experience the serene atmosphere at 4 Rivers Floating Lodge, Koh Kong.
Relax on Koh Chang, Thailand.
Get off the beaten track and see the real Thailand.
Seek out abandoned ruins in Sukhothai by bicycle.
Spend time with a Hmong community close to the Laos border.
Enjoy the scenery of Doi Angkhang and visit Black Lahu and Palaung tribes on a day trip.
Soak up the atmosphere of Chiang Mai and barter at the night market.
Explore the huge sprawling city of Bangkok.
Journey to Kanchanaburi, home to the River Kwai, beautiful waterfalls and forgotten temples.
Cruise to the ancient capital of Ayutthaya on board the charming Anantara Song.
Kayak along the bustling Chao Phraya River.
Immerse yourself in the hill tribe culture of northern Thailand.
Explore the communities living around the beautiful Khao Sok National Park.
Experience the many forms of local transport that Thailand has to offer.
Cambodia and Thailand
Explore the many temples around Siem Reap including the iconic Angkor Wat.
Cruise out onto Southeast Asia's largest freshwater lake, the Tonle Sap.
Venture into the hills surrounding Chiang Mai for a rural Thailand adventure.
Navigate the huge bustling city of Bangkok where local street vendors and markets are contrasted by ultra modern shopping malls and spectacular sky bars.
Enjoy a three-day experience in the beautiful Khao Sok National Park.
Visit some of Thailand's greatest attractions within easy reach of Bangkok.
Relax on a converted rice barge whilst cruising the Chao Phraya River to the historic city of Ayutthaya.
Take in the beauty of the Kanchanaburi region made infamous by the events of World War II.
Trek through Khao Yai, the country's oldest national park.
Thailand and Myanmar
Navigate through the huge metropolis of Bangkok.
Enjoy an immersive Thai cooking experience in Chiang Mai.
Explore Sukhothai Historical Park.
Take in the colonial remnants of Mawlamyine (Moulmein).
Trek through beautiful Hpa An.
End your trip with a highlight tour of Yangon.
Experience Bangkok's street food with your guide and its high end cuisine with a chef's table dining experience.
Try your hand at preparing traditional Thai cuisine during a cooking class.
Visit local markets and shop as local people do.
Indulge in fresh seafood on Thailand's beaches.
Filter by destination
Filter by category
Some of our favourite travel guides
- Family holidays in Thailand
- Into the wild: Thailand’s national parks
- Luxury holidays in Thailand
- Honeymoons in Thailand
- Cruising in Thailand
- Travel responsibly: Thailand
- Thailand's best beach holidays and resorts
- Best of Bangkok: our what to do guide
- Trekking in Thailand: four of the best trails
- Sweet, salty, sour and spice: what to eat in Thailand
Family holidays in Thailand
It's hard to imagine a more family-friendly destination than Thailand. Family traditions are deeply revered in the country and the Thais have a natural affinity with children. Here, we present a few of our favourite family-friendly places and activities.View this travel guide
Into the wild: Thailand’s national parks
In-between the modern cities and venerated temples, Thailand has one of the highest percentages of protected land of any nation in the world. Discover how Thailand’s varied typography can take you from thick, waterfall-strewn cloudforest to primary rainforest, across elephant-trodden grasslands and into azure waters where turtles swim.View this travel guide
Luxury holidays in Thailand
Our Thailand specialist Harriet has had the tough job of vetting some of Thailand’s most luxurious properties and exclusive experiences. Sharing her expertise, she’s picked out some of the best, including a sojourn in a 100-year-old rice barge and time in an opulent tented jungle camp.View this travel guide
Honeymoons in Thailand
Combine culture, beaches and delicious food on a honeymoon in Thailand. We can advise on the best places to stay and how to make your visit extra special depending on your interests and preferences.View this travel guide
Cruising in Thailand
Travelling by river in Southeast Asia on board boats brimming with character and charm is one of the best ways to view cities like Bangkok, the myriad of ancient temples, as well as traditional villages and culture in general. Our specialists describe some of their favourite trips.View this travel guide
Travel responsibly: Thailand
We’re committed to making sure that your Thailand trip has a positive impact on the people and places you visit, from elephant sanctuaries to remote communities. We share our tips in this responsible travel guide.View this travel guide
Thailand's best beach holidays and resorts
The beaches of Thailand have always been alluring to travellers. We highlight some of the best beaches (and where to stay on them), all of which you can incorporate as a relaxing end (or start) to your journey in Southeast Asia.View this travel guide
Best of Bangkok: our what to do guide
Thailand specialist, Charlotte highlights why Bangkok shouldn’t just be a transit destination. Spending three nights here will give you the opportunity to cook and taste Thai cuisine, experience its temples and markets, and weave through its canals on a Thai longtail boat.View this travel guide
Trekking in Thailand: four of the best trails
From gentle strolls ending at waterfalls to multi-day adventures, Thailand specialist Mat picks out some of the country’s best on-foot experiences. He suggests ideas for families, Thailand first timers and those seeking off-beat exploration.View this travel guide
Sweet, salty, sour and spice: what to eat in Thailand
You may have experienced Thai food at a local restaurant, but travel to Thailand and you’ll discover a depth and complexity to the cuisine that’s hard to find elsewhere. Thailand specialist Mark explains the distinct regional specialties and the best ways to experience them.View this travel guide