Visit Lake Bunyonyi, Uganda
Lake Bunyonyi is believed to be more than eight thousand years old and lies in a deep valley between Kisoro and Kabale.
There are more than twenty small islands are sprinkled across the lake, and steep terraced hills rise from the shores. It is scenically a very beautiful place to spend a day or two.
Bunyonyi means 'place of small birds' giving tribute to the varied birdlife that lives along the shores and on the small islands of the lake itself. Visitors can enjoy canoeing, mountain-biking, hiking or kayaking in the area. It is also a good base from which to meet the local Batwa pygmy communities.
Map of Lake Bunyonyi
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Lake Bunyonyi
- Mgahinga National Park 21 miles away
- Bwindi Impenetrable Forest 25 miles away
- Ishasha 42 miles away
- Queen Elizabeth National Park 79 miles away
- Lake Mburo 84 miles away
- Semliki Wildlife Reserve 162 miles away
- Kibale Forest National Park 175 miles away
- Entebbe 199 miles away
- Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary 206 miles away
- Kampala 214 miles away
- Jinja 256 miles away
- Murchison Falls National Park 272 miles away