Visit West Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
West Kilimanjaro is a remote wilderness area of 250 square kilometers in size.
The land is leased from the local Maasai and is a true wilderness area with open plains, acacia woodland and above all, spectacular views of Mount Kilimanjaro.
Wildlife of West Kilimanjaro
Contiguous with the Amboseli National Park, in Kenya, this unspoilt area has good populations of elephant as well as species such as lesser kudu, gerenuk, bat-eared fox and striped hyena. As well as commitment to conservation and wildlife the concession works closely with the Maasai from whom the land is leased.
Local Maasai culture
The local community receives bed-night fees for all guests that stay in the concession and these, as well as annual lease payments and other support have provided funding for school classrooms and teachers houses.
A stay at West Kilimanjaro is as much about the community as it is about wildlife and a short stay will allow time spent with Maasai communities and an insight to their remarkable culture.
Map of West Kilimanjaro
Places & hotels on the map
Places near West Kilimanjaro
- Mount Kilimanjaro 19 miles away
- Longido 33 miles away
- Arusha 42 miles away
- Ol Donyo Lengai 84 miles away
- Lake Natron 85 miles away
- Lake Manyara National Park 97 miles away
- Karatu 103 miles away
- Tarangire National Park 108 miles away
- Ngorongoro Crater 116 miles away
- Northern Tanzania 116 miles away
- Lake Eyasi 149 miles away
- Serengeti National Park 172 miles away
- Pangani 215 miles away
- Tanzania's Swahili Coast 218 miles away
- Saadani 238 miles away
- Bagamoyo 273 miles away
- Mikumi National Park 298 miles away