Hidden Forest Retreat
This retreat is an extension of the privately, family owned and run nursery located only two kilometers from Gangtok city center. It is spread over three acres of lush green garden with all kinds of trees, bamboos, ferns, flowers, shrubs, lilies and orchids with a variety of birds and butterflies making this their home.
The 12 double rooms are clean and comfortably furnished and have verandas offering amazing views of hills, fields and monasteries. Meals served by the friendly hosts are from fresh local produce, much of which comes from the gardens of the hotel, including the milk from their cow. You may wish to try Chaang which is the locally prepared alcoholic beverage made from millet.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Photos of Hidden Forest Retreat
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Alternative places to stay nearby
Where possible, we like to offer a range of accommodation for each stop of your trip, chosen by our specialists as some of their favorite places to stay. To help you make the right choice, we give each property a rating based on its facilities and service, but we also look for hotels with distinct character or a location that can’t be bettered.
Gangtok and nearby places
- Rinchenpong 26 kilometers away
- Kalimpong 33 kilometers away
- Darjeeling 48 kilometers away
- Manas National Park 249 kilometers away
- Guwahati 338 kilometers away
- Assam 409 kilometers away
- Kaziranga National Park 482 kilometers away
- Calcutta 531 kilometers away
- Varanasi 604 kilometers away
- Sundarbans Tiger Reserve 613 kilometers away