Relais Masoala is situated above the river at the entrance to Antongil Bay and close to the town of Maroantsetra.
There are 15 wood and thatch bungalows situated in a grove of coconut trees. The rooms all have a large shaded deck and inside have very large twin beds and en suite bathroom with hot showers. Whilst the bathrooms are large and fairly simple the rooms themselves are beautifully finished with polished wooden floors, four-poster beds and crisp white linen.
The central building is under thatch and very open to catch the breeze off the sea. It has a bar and dining room that serves excellent local cuisine. There is a good sized pool which is ideal for the hotter months.
There is a good range of activities on offer here including kayaking along the river, night walks, snorkeling at Tampolo and a visit to the local village of Navana.
Speak to someone
who's been there
Start planning your tailor-made trip by contacting one of our Madagascar specialists
- Make an inquiry
Photos of Relais Masoala
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Maroantsetra and nearby places
- Nosy Mangabe 9 kilometers away
- Masoala National Park 47 kilometers away
- Île Sainte-Marie 168 kilometers away
- Ankify 256 kilometers away
- Nosy Komba 264 kilometers away
- Baobab Beach 267 kilometers away
- Anjajavy Private Nature Reserve 274 kilometers away
- Nosy Be 283 kilometers away
- Ankarana Special Reserve 285 kilometers away
- Nosy Mitsio Archipelago 306 kilometers away