Visit Sancti Spiritus, Cuba
Sancti Spiritus, Cuba
The peaceful capital of Sancti Spiritus province was, like Trinidad, founded by Diego Velazquez in 1514.
It became the military, political and economic centre of the area in the colonial period which has led to the city being embellished with elegant 17th and 18th century mansions.
It is located deep in the heart of fertile agricultural countryside and its compact and attractive colonial centre is similar to Trinidad's but receives far fewer visitors.
Map of Sancti Spiritus
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Sancti Spiritus
- Trinidad 36 miles away
- Santa Clara 48 miles away
- Cayo Las Brujas 48 miles away
- Cayo Ensenachos 55 miles away
- Northern Cayes 56 miles away
- Cayo Santa Maria 59 miles away
- Cienfuegos 67 miles away
- Camaguey 106 miles away
- Varadero 142 miles away
- Havana 205 miles away
- Las Terrazas 233 miles away
- Playa Esmeralda 237 miles away
- Guardalavaca 239 miles away
- Santiago de Cuba 269 miles away
- Cayo Levisa 270 miles away
- Western Cuba 275 miles away
- Viñales 278 miles away
Photos of Sancti Spiritus
Accommodation choices for Sancti Spiritus
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Sancti Spiritus. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
The Hotel del Rijo is a simple but comfortable restored colonial mansion located in the heart of Sancti Spiritus.