Located in a stone mansion, the Villa Kennedy is elegant, family-friendly and tranquil, with a convenient location a short walk from the tram. The estate, which was once home to the prominent Speyer banking family, includes a courtyard that feels secluded, making it a good place to relax after a day of exploring. The hotel gets its name from President Kennedy, who stayed there in 1963.
The lobby has a traditional feel to it, with dark wood furnishings and wooden details on the ceiling. As you walk through the more modern seating areas, you’ll notice all the high-arched entryways between rooms. You can make your way to the JFK Bar, an open area with wood floors, plush seating and doors that lead to the terrace.
There are 163 rooms and suites, including interconnecting rooms and the Classic suite for families. Many rooms have been recently renovated, and we recommend staying in one of these rooms.
We like this hotel for its sprawling grounds that make it feel more secluded and peaceful than most hotels in big cities. The short walk to the tram also makes it easy to get to the main attractions.
Speak to someone
who's been there
Start planning your tailor-made trip by contacting one of our Germany specialists
- 01993 838 367
- Make an enquiry
Photos of Villa Kennedy
There are 12 room and suite categories, ranging from the standard Deluxe room to the Presidential John F Kennedy Suite, which can be interconnected with two Deluxe King rooms to create a palatial, three-bedroom suite. The Presidential John F Kennedy Suite and the Jackie O Suite feature black-and-white portraits of the Kennedy family, while photos of stars like Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe can be found throughout other rooms.
The higher end rooms feature views of the courtyard while the rest look out onto the street. Air conditioning, Wi-Fi and en suite bathrooms are standard in all rooms. Guests can access the spa as well.
Villa Kennedy is located on the opposite side of the Main River from the central part of Frankfurt. However, the primary attractions are easily accessible via the tram, which is a three-minute walk away.
As is appropriate for a villa named after a foreign dignitary, the hotel is located close to the consulate buildings for a handful of countries, including China, Pakistan, Thailand and Turkmenistan.
Food and drink
- Extensive breakfast buffet is served daily in the dining room or outside in the courtyard, with à la carte options also available.
- Gusto restaurant offers breakfast, lunch and dinner with a traditional Italian menu. Seating also spills out onto the terrace to allow for alfresco dining in the warmer months.
- The JFK Bar on the ground floor serves cocktails and afternoon tea.
- A complimentary children’s room is available.
- Family suites are available.
- Children are given a teddy bear at check-in.
Facilities and activities
- A well-equipped gym with yoga studio and personal trainers.
- Spa offering a variety of treatments including massage services.
- Indoor pool with views of the courtyard garden.
- Laundry service.
- Steam room.
- Finnish sauna.
There is one accessible room.
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Frankfurt and nearby places
- Oberwesel 44 miles away
- Heidelberg 48 miles away
- The Rhine Valley 52 miles away
- Rothenburg 83 miles away
- Cologne 96 miles away
- Baden-Baden 97 miles away
- Nuremberg 114 miles away
- The Black Forest 128 miles away
- Freiburg 151 miles away
- Titisee 155 miles away